We’re on a mission to build the number one destination in the South East region of Melbourne for local entrepreneurs and startups.
The Casey Cardinia Startup Pitchfest gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their startup at the upcoming INNovation Summit and a chance to win an incredible package of prizes to help them build their business.
Ten startups will have the chance to pitch their idea (or new business) by doing a 5-minute presentation to an experienced panel of judges in front of our live audience.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
Applicants must read and agree to the terms and conditions before registering.
22 March – Applications open
12 April – Application close at 5.00 pm
15 April – Shortlisted applicants announced and notified
28 April – Pitchfest
*If you are having trouble accessing the form, please contact us at email@example.com
1. The INNovation Summit Pitchfest is a Startup Picthfest run by The INNovation Crowd and Casey Cardinia Region. It is an opportunity to pitch your idea, whether it be a business, service, product or any other idea, to a panel of judges in front of a live audience.
2. The judges will award a number of prizes. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, we may substitute another item of equal value as determined by us. If, for any reason, a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by us, then that element of the prize will be forfeited, and cash will not be supplied instead.
3. Entering the Competition does not guarantee that you will win a prize or derive any other benefit. The prizes are awarded in the judges’ sole discretion. We are not responsible in any way for the decisions, actions or conduct of judges. Our decisions (and those of the judges) in respect of all aspects of the Competition are final.
4. Individuals and groups may enter the Competition. To be eligible to apply, you must:
5. To apply, you must complete the online application form by 12 April 2019 at 5pm, which includes:
We are not liable for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications.
6. By submitting an Application, you:
7. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse or exclude your Application, at any time before the running of the Pitchfest.
8. If any aspect of the Pitchfest is not capable of running as planned because of any cause beyond our control, we may in our sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Pitchfest.
9. We may disqualify you from the Competition:
Intellectual property and disclosure
10. You warrant that:
11. In relation to your own intellectual property rights, or intellectual property rights of others that you use with consent in relation to the Competition, you acknowledge that by disclosing information in the Competition you waive any right of confidence in relation to that information and expressly authorise us, our employees and agents, the judges, and other persons involved with the Competition to disclose the information in any way whatsoever and to use the information in any way for the purposes of or related to the Pitchfest.
12. We recommend that you do not disclose information in relation to the Pitchfest that would or might affect your capacity to protect and / or exploit intellectual property rights in the future by registration of rights or any other way.
13. We recommend that you seek legal advice in relation to intellectual property. You acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to do so.
14. You expressly authorise us to use the information you provide including your name for the purpose of the Pitchfest including promoting the Pitchfest and related activities conducted after conclusion of the Pitchfest.
Release and waiver
15. You agree to provide us with photographs or films, allow us to take photographs, films, sound recordings or any other digital recording of you (media materials), or participate in follow-up and promotional activities surrounding the Pitchfest, free of charge, in order to prepare promotional or other material for the purpose of or related to the Pitchfest.
16. You give us unrestricted and irrevocable right to:
17. You release us from any and all claims, actions, demands, suits, liabilities, damages, expenses and obligations of any kind arising from or related to our use of the media materials
Limitation of liability and indemnity
18. Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or our liabilities under those provisions:
19. You indemnify us in relation to any loss caused by:
20. A party’s failure or delay to exercise a power or right does not operate as a waiver of that power or right.
21. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any warranty or representation other than those found in these terms and conditions.
22. If any part of these terms and conditions is invalid or unenforceable, this agreement does not include it. The remainder of the terms and conditions continue in full force.
Samantha Jansen has loved being able to build her own boutique, self-publishing business within her local community.
The perks of working from home are almost endless - low overheads, around the clock availability for your clients and don't even get us started on the commute to the office!
16-year-old Danyal Diallo is has successfully launched an online gym equipment and accessories business, Gymshopen, and if self-confidence is anything to go by, he is headed straight to the top.